Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Kale Salad

 I LOVE Joe's new website, check it out for some amazing recipes, inspiration and motivation. I watched his video, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead at my chiropractor'sor's office and was really impressed with his no bull attitude and how simply his reboot plan is. 

So when I discovered his new website, I was quick to check out his recipe section and try them out.  I have kale in my smoothies everyday but did not think I would enjoy chewing this rough thick leaf at all.  So I made the salad for my husband and of course, had to taste to make sure the seasoning was ok.....well, it became a salad for two instead of one.  I try to keep my fat intake low so for me it would not be an everyday salad but for a special treat or once or twice a week....yum!

Winter Kale Salad

Adapted from Reboot with Joe

Ingredients:
1 bunch kale, stems removed (could use spinach or romaine)
1 avocado
1 T. olive oil (original recipe uses 2T)
2 T. lemon juice
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
1/2 carrots shredded
1/4 cup raisins
2 T sunflower seeds (could use pumpkin as well)

Directions:
1.) Tear kale into bite sized pieces and mix with carrots, raisins and sunflower seeds in a large salad bowl.
2.) Add avocado and mix together using hands (or mash with a fork), making sure everything is coated evenly.
3.) Add olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and pepper to taste.
4.) Toss together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment