Monday, March 11, 2013

Raw Vegan Green Pea Dip

I came across The Blender Girl on pinterest today (YAY) as I have been looking for more dips and spreads to add to my repertoire and viola! She has a ton of awesome looking recipes all laid out just waiting to be tried.  Finding gluten free and vegan recipes listed out like this is making my life so much easier as hunting for individual recipes that fit the bill can be quite time consuming.

This Green Peas dip is the first on I have tried and I did not have cilantro or coriander on hand so I used parsley and wow, is it ever tasty!  I think I may need to be making a dip a day as they are disappearing as fast as I can make em, which is a good thing.

  • 1 cup organic frozen green peas defrosted
  • ½ cup raw almonds soaked and dehydrated
  • 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
  • 2-3 Tbsp filtered water
  • 3 tsp fresh lime juice (1- 2 limes)
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro / coriander or parsley
  • 1/4 tsp fine Celtic sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
  1. Put the almonds into your food processor until rustically chopped.
  2. Mix in the remaining ingredients until you get a nice thick consistency.
  3. Add in more lime juice, ginger and seasoning to taste.
Serve with  crackers, veggies chips, or on top raw tacos. YUM!
Adapted from theblendergirl who originally go the recipe from Kurma Dasa who has some amazing vegan recipes which I will have to try soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment